The popularity and budget for content marketing are apparently increasing. In fact, in the recent 4 to 5 years, there has been an immense boost in the usage of content in this online world. Moreover, a well-built content marketing strategy provides marketers with numerous benefits and opportunities. Such as higher domain authority, increased search engine rankings, increased referral & social traffic and increased conversion rate count as a few benefits you get while using content marketing for your business.
A Digital marketer or online business can extract its potential value by creating a compelling content marketing strategy. However, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea to create a strategy that really works.
It asks for a little time, a step-by-step guide and some diligence while working on the strategy.
In this article, you will read about 6 simple techniques you need to follow for creating a successful content marketing strategy.
1) Do an In-depth Research:
There is an exhaustive competition going on in this digital world and everyone wants to stay ahead of others. Same applies to content marketing as well.
To stay ahead, you cannot write about what you think your users want to read. Instead, you need to create content that your users demand.
The first mistake that businesses attempt is they start with writing about their services and products.
To be precise here, the effective content is not articles or blogs about your services or products. Rather, it starts with being informative, interactive and engaging. Moreover, recognizing a pain point and solving that pain point is what you need to write about. Thus, do some in-depth research before start writing.
2) Make Use of The Headline:
This counts as the second vital step, when you pen a few initial words in your article. It’s a step in the direction to make your content more effective.
Studies show that 08 out of 10 users read only the headline.
In fact, for better results, the headline’s length should be fewer than 70 characters. Further, put an urgency factor in the headline. Eventually, only effective headlines make the most conversion, rest are seen and left.
3) Use Different Content Formats:
Using multiple content formats leads visitors to your products and services.
For instance, using how-to-guides establishes you as an expert in your niche. Additionally, Google prefers long posts when someone searches with long-tail keywords.
Besides, you can use listicles, personal stories or case studies as well. They are helpful in emotionally connecting you with your audience.
4) Incorporate Visual Content:
Incorporating visual content in your content marketing strategy is another wise decision you can take. The reason is, visual content increases the importance and the life of the content.
Use following visual content types to make your visual content more worthy than ever.
- Slides: Use SlideShare for sharing your content. Break down your content into slides and share it across 60 million unique visitors on SlideShare.
- Infographics: They are one of the unique forms of the content. They get 3X times more shares and like in comparison to other types of content.
- Videos: Make videos that are informative and engaging. Because video content has been considered as the most engaging and interactive type till date.
In fact, KISSmetrics has generated 2,512,596 visitors and 41,142 backlinks from 3,741 unique domains in the last two years with the help of just 47 infographics.
5) Keep Track of The Key Performance Indicators (KPI):
Studies suggest that only 21% marketers keep track of ROI of their content marketing.
Following are some of the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to determine the success of content marketing:
- Measure traffic: Number of unique visitors, backlinks, page views, and source of traffic.
- Assess engagement: Bounce rate, new visitors and returning visitors, shares as per the content type, time spent on website and number of comments.
- Measure conversions: Opt-in rates, click-through rates (CTR), the number of leads, and return-on-investment.
6) Content Promotion:
Even the most compelling content is a waste if it does not reach to its audience. Content promotion is the last and most vital step of a content marketing strategy.
Here are a few content promotion strategies you can use to reach to the masses:
- Influencer marketing: If an influencer shares your content it can lead to 3–10 times increased conversions. Do not forget to mention influencers in your content. Further, after publishing the work, you can email them your post.
- Social media snippets: A single content piece contains a dozen of snippets including quotes, statistics, titles, and images. They can be shared numerous times across many popular social media platforms.
- Submit to content communities: Submit your content communities that boast off a huge number of readers and communities where other writers share their content.
An effective content marketing strategy builds a long-term relationship with your current and future customers. It can be done by sharing continuously high-quality, valuable and relevant content information.
Indeed, by leveraging these steps, you can build a strong strategy for your content marketing.